Thursday, December 20, 2007

Enough With The Music, OKAY?

Alright, I turned the automatic function off of my jukebox. I just wanted some of you'se to actually hear the song. For those of you who missed it, feel free to go up to "jimmy's jukebox" and hit play. Rufus's tune is loaded right up top, and you can hear what has been playing over and over in my head the past couple of days.

Perhaps I should clue you in that one of the reasons I think the song hits me in the throat (besides the whole gay subtext and acknowledgement of my self-destructive tendencies) is that my sister Rebecca's FAVORITE hangover remedy involved chugging store-bought chocolate milk with her morning cigarette when she had partied a li'l too hard the night before. "Cigarettes and Chocolate Milk", indeed.

So, yeah, the song reminded me of me, but it also reminded me of Rebel.

And that made me smile.

No comments: