Sunday, March 11, 2007

Sunday Mop Up 03/11/07


So, it's another Sunday and I'm still in the same ridiculous routine with my leg as I was last week. Don't get me wrong, progress is being made but, Jesus on a Ritz cracker, the progress is SLOW.

I'm going to step up my work hours next week to six hours a day, and continue to struggle with how to be productive there and keep my leg elevated. Not an easy trick, I'll tell ya.

The wound vac continues to suck me (not in a 'good' way), and every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday I go to the wound care clinic and professionals stand around and stare into the hole and 'ooh' and 'ahhh' and assure me that things look good. As far as I'm concerned, things won't be 'good' until I can chuck this mechanical vampire and get my old, dysfunctional life back.

Look, I'm doing my best to keep a positive attitude here. When dealing with my healthcare providers, I am one little ray of friggin' sunshine, I swear. They smile at me, and I smile back. We talk and joke and laugh and all that crap. And then I get by myself, like when I'm loading my ass into the truck to get back to work, and I'm dealing with the tubes and wires and machine in the purse, and I just want to SCREAM. Motherfuckingsonofabitchshitpisser!

Then, I take a deep breath and offer my thanks to the Universe for all the blessings I have. I know I've got it easy and that it's all good. I know that I am a lucky fuck and things could be alot worse. I know I'm being a baby.


But, more than anything else, I'm really tired of talking about this stuff. I'm certain that you are tired of hearing about it, too. But this is what consumes me at the present. So, this week I'm just going to wave to you and blow you a kiss and promise I'll be back soon to talk about something OTHER than my medical nightmare. I need to get back into bed and get the leg elevated here pretty quick, anyway.

I'm hopeful that you people are making up for my lack of sex by humping like bunnies out there. Please, kids, do me a favor and fuck someone today. You know you want to.

Big Love!

1 comment:

dirk.mancuso said...

Egads, that leg thing is dragging on.

And I so suck at having anything like a needle or a tube in me, that in my eyes you are verging on damn near legendary hero status. No lie.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.