Tuesday, July 10, 2007

I'm Hurting

I'll be seeing my doctor tomorrow morning to discuss what in the hell is going on with my left arm/shoulder/first rib/clavicle.

Every morning, around 11am, I get searing pain that radiates up my neck, across my shoulder and down my arm. This lasts about 30 minutes and then is gone. The "searing pain" part, that is. My range of motion with the arm is just plain pathetic. Any old time. Been this way for years.

I know what it's from, it's from a bowling accident I had. I'm serious. Me, The X, a few white russians after seeing "The Big Lebowski" back in the winter of '99, was it? I launched myself down the bowling alley having not bowled in 20-some years and landed on my left shoulder. I've had an MRI on the shoulder and been sent to physical therapy a year ago. The therapist said I managed to screw up my first rib. I was going to look deeper into the issue last winter, and my freaking LEG exploded. Remember? Kinda got sidetracked.

The leg is no longer an excuse, and the arm/shoulder/yada-yada-ya is impacting my workout routine. I need some resolution here!

"Whatever It Takes" is my new mantra. Chiropractor, accupuncture, colonics : I don't care.

I've really been hurting lately. It might have something to do with my new bed and the insanely firm mattress I decided to buy. I don't know. But, I am marching my tanned and muscled, yet still strangely fat butt to the doctor tomorrow to find out what I can do about this.

I'm not gonna work out tonight, either. Screw it, I HURT, damnit!

Fasting blood sugar this morning : 105

No comments: