Thursday, July 05, 2007

The Land Of The Free

Hope you had a nice Fourth Of July! Since the holiday fell on Wednesday this year, and since Wednesday is a free-day from the gym, I was a total slug.

Went to see "Ratatouille" and avoided the fireworks displays. LOVED the movie. Wonderful message about accepting yourself for who you are.

I'll be taking off for the gym here momentarily. I'm home today, took Thursday and Friday as vacation time, so I have this deliciously long "weekend" ahead of me. Don't hate.

Ya know, I couldn't help but think about the whole thing with Bush giving Libby a "Get Out Of Jail Free" card while listening to the media remind us what this holiday is about, all day yesterday.

Cynical, table for one!

I love this country. I'm proud to be an American. But I am sick of what our government has turned into (and I'm including Democrats here, too) : Fat Cat Elitist/Whores who are controlled by Corporate Pimps and Self-Interest and who condescend to the very electorate that empowered them.

For as fucked up and righteous as the Republicans are, I see no sign of any attitudinal difference with the Democrats. For the sake of this country, I think we need to revamp the system. Purge Washington of these political careerists. Term limits for Congress. Serious pay motherfucking cuts for bureaucrats. Corporate America is a pitbull that needs muzzled before it not only BITES the hand that feeds, but wants to rip the arm off.

Did you worry a little bit about this country, give it some thought, over the holiday?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Jimmy: This is Brian from Michigan: Just read your blog here. One movie you just HAVE to see is the latest Michael Moore flick "Sicko" about the state of health care in this country. Its the best film I have seen in years.
Corporate america is literally killing many by denying them coverage for things which their policies actually cover. Britain and Canada and others have a national health service, why cant we?
Medicine like the law should be a profession where the desire to serve your fellow man should reign supreme over the desire to become rich.
I have to have another heart operation but cant afford it. The University of Michigan wants a $10,000 upfront deposit to cover that portion of the cost not covered by my insurer. I cant come up with that sum of money. Its either my heart or my house. Nice choice huh? Yeah I am proud to be an American too but we need to reign in the incredible corporate greed and associated political corruption which is destroying the middle class.
If I lived in Canada I already would have had this procedure done and wouldnt be sitting around waiting for another episode of atrial fibrillation to occur.

God Bless