Sunday, April 20, 2008

Sunday MopUp 04/20/08

It's late. I'm cranky. I'm confused. Welcome to my Sunday MopUp. It'll all be over in a minute.

My Screwed Up Social Life

I got all excited about a new friend two weeks ago, which isn't working out. Last week I went out twice with another new friend who I realized is a professional drag queen. When I freaked about what he does, he assured me that it is "just a job". Well, on Friday, I was told that he and his friends were going out "partying" because they all had the night off (from the drag show) . And, they were going to "dress up".

Does that sound like "just a job" to you?

Don't you hate people who type "in quotations" all the time?

Look, I have a hard time dealing with guys who shave their legs (okay, almost their whole fucking bodies), pluck their eyebrows, wear pancake makeup, and pretend they are women. I admit it. But, I am trying to look beyond my prejudice and accept people for who they are. When I met this guy, I knew it was going to be a challenge. He is a super sweet man, who is generous and fun.

But, I'm not sure I can do this. "Just a job" my ass. Don't lie to me.

I avoided the drag queen, I avoided the new friend, and I avoided Sexual Chocolate. I wanted to be left alone. So, I hid.

And I feel creepy about it.

The Pope

was a pain in my ass all week. My department is responsible for capturing the news feed of His Holy Rectum, recording every event that he breathed at in New York City, encoding it into a digital file, packaging it, and distributing it to cable divisions in Dallas, Waco, San Antonio, and El Paso (as well as here locally) so that good little Catholics all across the state can witness, on Video On Demand, the historic (yawn!) event.

His butt is finally back on a plane to Italy tonight. Organized religion kills, people. Organized Religion kills people, people! Here's my "news feed" for ya. Listen up:

Attention! You DO NOT NEED a middleman in order to have a relationship with your Higher Power.

If Jesus were here today, he wouldn't be a "Christian".

...just sayin'...

Good Grief, Jim, Just Play A Video!

Here's a little something for everyone but Dick Small.


Here's a little trivia: The female voice on this track is the singer from the video posted below. Cool, huh?

1 comment:

Sue Doe-Nim said...

"If Jesus were here today, he wouldn't be a "Christian"."

Maybe he would... but he probably wouldn't tap Hitler's Youth to lead them down the road to salvation.