Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Free At Last!

Hi everyone, I just wanted to jump on and share the good news : I was officially detached from the wound vac this afternoon! Finally!

Now, there is still a fairly impressive gash on my leg that will continue, hopefully, to fill in over the next several weeks. Bandages will still abound. But my trips to the clinic will decline to once a week, and I will be dressing the wound and tending to it largely myself.

Turns out I wore that pump for six weeks. Six long, frustrating weeks.

My thanks to all of you who took the time to check in here and leave comments asking about my status, and thanks as well to the surprising number of people who emailed me directly with words of support and encouragement. I am doing the best I can to respond to any and all emails.

I'm gonna go now, because I have phone calls to make. Family and such. I'll check back in soon!

Love,

jim

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

6 weeks is too long a time to be stuck with a vac-u-suc attatched to your leg. I'm glad you've finally been released. Of course, on the down side, no more shorts at work. Take care Dancing Bear, and please think twice before you stop this blog. It's the only way I get any info about you. David

Melissa said...

Woohoo!!! Free at last, free at last. Best news of the day, sugar.