Friday, June 15, 2007

Nice Start To The Weekend!

Just got back from the gym, and really felt good about my workout. Plenty of energy through my first 20 minutes on the stationary bike. Enough, actually, that during my "cooldown" in between sets, instead of having to "walk it off" by lapping the basketball court a dozen times, I moved right to doing some exercises: the dreaded "jimsquats" and the band work. Two sets of 10 on those movements. Then, it was back on the bike for another full 20 minutes of cardio.

I intend to add these extra exercises into my DAILY routine, and save the weight training for Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays.

This weekend is Father's Day. If you are a Dad, be sure to bask in the love of your family. If you are a daughter or son and are lucky enough to be able to, be sure to show that man how much you love him.

"You can play the game and you can act out the part
Though you know it wasnt written for you
But tell me, how can you stand there with your broken heart
Ashamed of playing the fool?
One thing can lead to another; it doesn't take any sacrifice
Oh, Father and Mother, Sister and Brother
If it feels nice, dont think twice!

Just shower the people you love with love
Show them the way that you feel
Things are gonna work out fine if you only will..."


Have a great weekend, my friends!

No comments: