Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Day 30

Back home from work and the weight management clinic today. I'm happy to report that I dropped anpother 5.8 pounds in the past week, taking me to 37.6 pounds. If you add the 5 that I lost before I started this liquid diet, I am at 42.6. I'm pleased with the progress.

The day after tomorrow I head to Houston for my pre-op surgical consultation where they will weigh me for themselves, I will see the surgeon again, and I will meet with the anesthesiologist. It's a 2 1/2 hour trip to Houston one way, so I'm gonna be BEAT Thursday night by the time I get home.

A buddy has agreed to go with me for the procedure next week, so that someone can drive me back to Austin afterwards. This is a huge relief. I was worried that I would have to drive myself.

The jeans from ten years ago that I kinda had to squeeze into last week are quite comfortable now. I'm even exploring the back of my closet a bit to find more stuff that I can wear now that I couldn't just four weeks ago. The change isn't drastic...this is just the beginning for me...but it sure is sweet.

2 comments:

Mel said...

I bet its sweet!! You should be so proud!!!

Ice John's World said...

Good job, Jimmy! Your effors on diet pays off now. Hang in there and best luck to the upcoming procedure.