Friday, December 14, 2007

More Proof That I Have Turned Into An Old Man

Here it is Friday Night and here I am enjoying it in a way that makes me blush: I have spent the entire evening cooking.

Yes, I admit it, I wanted nothing more all day than to do what I am doing. See, it was a cold and wet and dark and gloomy day here in Texas. It wasn't super cold, but it was the kind of chill that seeps right down into your bones. I knew at about 11AM this morning what I longed to do tonight.

So, right after work, I flew to the grocery store and bought my supplies. It was cheap, the fixins.

And it was worth it.

After 4 hours of chopping and slaving away over a huge pot, I am happy to report that I can make some killer fucking chicken soup. And I made enough to live off of for the better part of a week.

I am happy to be home and taking care of myself. It's been a rough couple of weeks, and I needed to find a simple way to pamper myself. This was it. Homemade chicken soup.

It's the little things, babies!

1 comment:

Ice John's World said...

Chicken soup..nice! Now you just need some Christmas cookies to make you feel even better. :) Have a nice weekend, Jimmy.